Thursday, May 19, 2011

CAPTCHAnary: Define "Isessest"


For your etymological pleasure, one from Hendel D'bu:

ISESSEST

Want to know how many times I had to read that to get the spelling right? When it becomes a real word, it will immediately be added to this list.

Submit your definitions in the comment box, and don't forget: If you'd like to send pics to illustrate your definition, we'd love to include them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In lieu of a definition for this word, I would like to share an amazing discovery: a contextual reference! Check it out:
"God is thus His essence, for His essence is esse, St. Thomas further argues that the principal object of the divine will is the divine essence."

Do you see it? *smile*

I’m not sure who was describing this assertion of Thomas Aquinas, but the reference is to his work entitled, Contra Gentiles, in which he states repeatedly, “in Deo idem est esse et essentia.” (in God being and essence are the same.)

Well, there's your theologilexicology for the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment